Ooh lordy, it’s Lordi

This Google Video proves beyond doubt that Finland deserves to win Eurovision. Lordi (pictured) have recorded the country’s official Eurovision entry, and the song sounds like a cross between Slipknot, Kiss and Cher. Extra points for the superbly bad video, too…

[Video link via Metafilter]

14 thoughts on “Ooh lordy, it’s Lordi

Dunno why, but I was convinced that there was some Bucks Fizz in there too. I’m not trying to be funny, either.

The lyrics are fantastic, as is the website’s bio:

“Amen the unstoppable mummy, Enary the manipulative Valkyrie, Kalma the biker-zombie from hell, and Kita the alien manbeast with the combined strengths of all the beasts known to man…”

2. david says:

For anyone (like me) who has no access to google video at work – it’s also on youtube.

I saw them on TV a while back. They are the most dreadful pile of shite imaginable. Until, that is, you put them on Eurovision and compare them to all the other entries.

That was definitely the best eurovision ever. Although in a rare burst of seriousness, I voted for norway. That was a waste of 25p :) Lithuania made me laugh…

I thought the UK entry was alarmingly creepy.

5. david says:

Low point – Lithuania being booed.
    Hogh Point – Crying while Croatia were on. We had the subtitles on. If you didn’t catch it, here’s the lyric.

“For the grass has not yet sprouted
    Where my high heel has trodden
    Come, come, come, come, hop, hop, hop, hop, come on, my chicken
    Tick-tock ’round half past two
    You shall pinch me, but noone will see
    I know well guys like you
    The devils are your godfathers

Ring, ring, you shall ask for my number
    Knock, knock, go and knock on some other girl’s door

Sojka, girlie, do put on your little socks
    For the grass has not yet sprouted
    Where my high heel has trodden
    Oy da da oy da oy da da da
    Oy da da oy da
    My high heel
    Sije sete, sije oto, sije nove, sije mine and again, baby, s s s seks, hop, hop, ring ring

Tick-tock ’round half past two
    You will nibble me, but noone will see
    Golden ring, thin mustache
    I know well guys like you

Ring, ring, you shall ask for my number
    Shoo, shoo, go and run to some other girl
    Sojka, girlie, do put on your little socks

For the grass has not yet sprouted
    Where my high heel has trodden
    Oy da da oy da oy da da da
    Oy da da oy da
    My high heel
    Zoomb, zoomba, hay, straw, cheese, salami, risi-bisi, bowl, red beet, red teet, Africa, paprika
    Sije, sete, sije oto, sije nove, sije mine, come on, come on”

I totally lost the plot after the “come on my chicken” line. ;-D

6. tm says:

Good greif, you actually watched? Not even quality lyrics like that make it worth while. Crhist i’d have fatched aussie ruels football on sky if necessary to avoid it, and thats something I’d never do lightly.

I do remeber actually seeing the one which had riverdance on, and thinking, hmm not bad in a ‘better-than-the-rest-of-this-crap’ kind of way.

Doesn’t the politics of it all make your skin crawl? The only bit I saw was croatia awarding bosnia maximum points. Who did greece and turkey give maximum points to again? Faily short odds on each other I’d have thought.

7. tm says:

I’m reliably informed that andorra gave maximum points to spain. You dont say….

You can figure out the majority of the voting with a map of europe before it even starts.

8. tm says:

> Except Lordi winning.

Bear in mind that I didn’t actually see it but…

I suppose that despite how bad Lordi is/are, compared to the usual europop drivel + insane ethnic stunt clothing the rest of them turned out, it doesn’t seem entirely unreseasonable to me that it simply was the best entry.

In the same sense that ‘quickly, painlessley and without fore knowledge’ could be regarded as the ‘best’ way of dying.

I think from a sheer spectacle point of view, they deserved to win. I though they were far and away the most entertaining act of the evening.